Tastes of Kerala

Hi, I’m Nisha.Here,through my blogs I would like to share some unique, traditional vegetarian tastes and flavours of Kerala. Kerala has produced diverse, natural, nutritious as well as tasteful vegetarian dishes. The concept of homestead farming helped the Kerala women to make these unique dishes. Without using artificial flavours and colours they have produced hundreds of varieties of dishes. The famous “Sadya” in banana leaf has attracted many. To preserve and exchange these recipes is the main purpose of this blog. I’m sharing the recipes that I have encountered and those which attracted me . I am very happy to introduce you to some of the long lost traditional recipes . I hope you will enjoy them.

Friday 9 March 2012

Sweet Kozhukkatta

Ingredients

  • 2 cup roasted rice flour
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • a pinch of salt 
  • boiled water (as required)
Filling
  •  2 cup grated coconut
  • 1 cup grated jaggery
  • 1 tsp cardamom powder
Method

Mix the rice flour with sugar and salt (adding a tsp ghee is good). Make it into a thick dough using a flat ladle by adding hot boiled water. Make lemon sized balls out of it. Now mix the filling items in a separate plate. Make each ball flat with fingers. Put a spoon full filling in the dough and make it a ball again. Steam them in a closed vessel for 10-15 minutes. 





                                                                 Sweet Kozhukkatta

No comments:

Post a Comment