Tastes of Kerala

Hi, I’m Nisha.Here,through my blogs I would like to share some unique, traditional vegetarian tastes and flavours of Kerala. Kerala has produced diverse, natural, nutritious as well as tasteful vegetarian dishes. The concept of homestead farming helped the Kerala women to make these unique dishes. Without using artificial flavours and colours they have produced hundreds of varieties of dishes. The famous “Sadya” in banana leaf has attracted many. To preserve and exchange these recipes is the main purpose of this blog. I’m sharing the recipes that I have encountered and those which attracted me . I am very happy to introduce you to some of the long lost traditional recipes . I hope you will enjoy them.

Sunday 20 May 2012

Gothambu Dosa (Wheat Dosa) and Mulaku Chutney

Gothambu Dosa

Ingredients

  • 2 cup wheat flour
  • ¼ cup grated coconut
  • Salt (to taste)
  • Water (as required)
Method

Mix the ingredients well by adding water so as to make a loose dough. Heat the dosa kallu or a flat pan. Rub some ghee or oil on the pan (no need if it is a non-stick pan).  Pour a ladle full batter and make it thin and round.  Flip it when the bottom becomes golden brown.  The dosa is ready to be served.
Tip

  • Mixing chopped green chilli, onions, ginger and curry leaves in the batter will give the dosa a better taste.
Mulaku Chutney

    Click here- Mulaku chutney

No comments:

Post a Comment